Why Choose a Medium Goldendoodle?
We believe the Goldendoodle is the best breed for a family-friendly, warm, and cuddly best friend. Choosing a Medium Goldendoodle comes with a myriad of benefits. They are known for their adaptability, intelligence, and friendly nature, making them excellent family pets. Here are just a few reasons why people love this breed.
- Temperament: Affectionate and good-natured.
- Intelligence: Easy to train and eager to please.
- Adaptability: Suitable for various living situations.
- Health: Generally healthy with a lifespan of 12-15 years.
We see these traits above in all of the puppies we breed, and this is just one more reason to choose a Goldendoodle over any other Doodle breed.
What Generations Are Low or No Shed Goldendoodles?
Understanding the different generations of Goldendoodles is crucial for potential owners concerned with allergies or shedding. F1, F1B, F2, F2B, and Multigen have varying coats, from wavy to curly or straight, each with its shedding properties.
- Multigen: The best choices for low to no shedding when DNA is used to select breeding pairs so that all puppies inherit two furnishing genes.
- F1B: Typically, half the litter will shed mildly, but not nearly as much as a Golden Retriever, and is not ideal for people with allergies unless individual puppies are DNA tested to determine whether they carry one or two furnishing genes.
- Coat Types: Selecting your preferred coat type can be more accessible when evaluating the parent dogs DNA panels and their adult coat texture, look, and feel
How to Prepare for Your Medium Goldendoodle Puppy
Preparing for a Medium Goldendoodle puppy requires careful planning and preparation. This section will provide a checklist for future owners to ensure their home is ready for the new arrival.
- Supplies: Crate, food, toys, grooming tools.
- Training: Basic commands, potty training, and socialization tips.
- Healthcare: Vaccinations, vet visits, and preventive care.
Please use our Puppy Preparation checklist to get details on our recommended products. We hope you will buy through our affiliate links to help support our ethical breeding practices.
In-Home vs. Nursery Raised Goldendoodles
The environment in which a Goldendoodle puppy is raised can significantly impact its health, temperament, and socialization skills. This section will compare in-home-raised puppies to those raised in a nursery setting, highlighting the benefits of each and what potential owners should consider.
- In-Home: Personalized attention, early socialization.
- Nursery Benefits: Professional care, structured environments, early attention, and around-the-clock care from trained staff. We always include early neurological stimulation and Puppy Culture as the foundation for our nursery. These first steps are just another reason to choose Fox Creek Farm Goldendoodles.
- Choosing the Right Environment: Factors to consider based on lifestyle and preferences. We firmly believe a nursery provides all of our puppies the right environment.
- When in-home is bad: Our policy is to avoid breeders raising puppies on their kitchen floor or anywhere in the house. Too many pathogens can be transmitted from people coming and going inside of a home.